One primary area of practice for the Law Office of W. Craig Knaup, P.C. is
Condominium and Homeowner Association law in New Jersey.
Our firm represents both associations and residents of these communities.
Please call 856-833-1788 or email
firstname.lastname@example.org for a free half hour legal consultation.
The Law Office of W. Craig Knaup, P.C. provides legal representation for the entire
spectrum of legal counseling for condominium and homeowners associations. In
addition, the firm provides counseling to property owners within such communities.
Each attorney plays an integral part of their client's professional team
assisting the Board and management prepare for and conduct meetings, answering
questions about documents and the pertinent law, enforcing the covenants and
restrictions and, drafting and negotiating contracts for provision of services.
Each client is assigned a Community Association Attorney who is primarily
responsible for providing legal counseling for a property owner or the officers and directors, as
well as the manager, on the operation of the Association. The Association's
attorney also serves as a liaison between the client and other attorneys in the
Firm to ensure that all the association's legal needs are being met by attorneys
who practices in those specialized areas.
Among the types of services routinely provided to Community Association
clients are the following:
For Residents of Communities:
- Representing Condo Owners that have disputes or are contemplating
Litigation or a Lawsuit against their Association. We provide
prospective clients with a Free Case Evaluation. Once we have been retained we
review all of the relevant documents and governing New Jersey Laws and advise
our clients on the best course of action.
For Boards of Communities:
- Legal counsel in the application of state and local law and court rulings
and administrative decisions impacting on the operation of Community
- Compliance with applicable Federal laws, such as the Telecommunications
Act of 1996, the Fair Housing laws, and the Employment Discrimination Laws, as
well as similar state and local statutes and ordinances.
- Interpretation, amendment and enforcement of the governing documents --
Declaration of Condominium, Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and
Restrictions, the Articles of Incorporation, the Bylaws of the Association and
the rules and regulations.
- Answering day-to-day questions regarding operational, technical,
regulatory, and practical issues.
- Assisting the Board of Directors on fiscal matters, such as budgeting,
levying special assessments, and establishing reserves.
- Addressing maintenance and repair issues and distinguishing between those
projects which require Board approval and those which require unit owner
- Drafting and reviewing contracts for the management, maintenance, repair
and operation of the community.
- Assisting in planning and developing contracts for construction projects
and complying with construction lien laws.
- Collection of delinquent assessments.
- Counseling owners ad-hoc committees in the pre-transition phase of the
- Providing legal counsel for post-transition, unit owner-controlled
Association on developer issues, including the resolution of warranty,
accounting and representation claims, and the establishment of on-going
- Reviewing loan documents and structuring commercial lines of credit and/or
arranging sources of financing for recreation lease purchases, capital
Each community's designated attorney also serves as a liaison between
the client and the Firm's other practice areas. The attorney works closely with
the Firm's other practice groups including Collection/Foreclosure, Covenant
Enforcement, Construction Law, Employment Law, and Telecommunication/Technology
to be sure that all of the Association's legal needs are met in the most
responsive, professional, and cost effective way possible.
- Postal address
- Station House, 900 Haddon Ave., Suite 206 Collingswood, N.J. 08108
- Satellite Offices
- Burlington County, Cinnaminson NJ 08077
- Cape May County, Sea Isle NJ 08243
- Electronic mail
- General Information:
- Client Intake:
- Paralegal Team:
The Law Office of W. Craig Knaup is a New Jersey law firm
practicing law in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. None of the content herein
applies in any other state. This WEB site is intended to provide general
information about The Law Office of W. Craig Knaup to present and potential
clients and it is not intended to give any legal advice. This site does not
create an attorney-client relationship. This site may be considered an
advertisement. Choosing an attorney is an important decision and should be given
careful thought. If any representations made on this page are inaccurate or
misleading, you may report this to the Commission on Attorney Advertising,
Hughes Justice Complex, CN 037, Trenton, New Jersey 08625.